Old March 1st 10, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Email Addresses for QSL Reports?

On Mar 1, 7:18*am, Doc Faustus wrote:
On Mar 1, 8:13*am, bpnjensen wrote:

On Mar 1, 6:39*am, dave wrote:

Doc Faustus wrote:
Does anyone know of a good directory or list of email addresses/
physical addresses where reception reports can be sent? Some stations
make it easy to find, but others (i.e. NHK) don't seem to publish an
address where QSLs can be sent.

Most hams will gladly send you a QSL card. *The QRZ database has all
their addresses.

Good info, but I think he's looking for SW radio station addresses.

I agree, some stations make it easy, some more difficult. *WRTH and
Passport used to have physical and e-mail addresses, but of course
Passport is now "on hiatus". *A word of caution - some stations that
accept e-mail reception reports will also send back only e-mail
veries....no physical QSL card, if that is what you seek
specifically. *Radio New Zealand is like this, for example, although
for a postal RR and $2 US they will send a QSL card.

Bruce Jensen

Thanks, Bruce. Shortwave stations is indeed what I was looking for
(this being r.r.*shortwave*, after all.) So far I've only sent in one
report (China Radio International, by email) and they responded by
mail. I've been meaning to pick up the 2009 version of passport
anyway, so it looks like this just gives me another reason.- Hide quoted text -

You may also wish to be aware that some stations are quite eager to
send QSLs, some just won't even bother. In the latter category, I
have had no luck from RAI Italy (now apparently not on the air) and
Radio Sri Lanka. I understand Voice of Nigeria is also a non-
responder, although, I just sent them one. We will see...

To your own efforts, best of luck! Good info on the CRI - thanks.
Was your CRI QSL for a transmitter in China or one of their relays?

Bruce