Old March 4th 10, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ElChino ElChino is offline

Default The Scariest Interval Signal Ever (for me anyway)...

wrote:

V.of Turkey must be THE KING of thriller interval signals. I
would say no eastern block country came even close to THAT piece of
frightening composition! Turkey has retained some elements of music of
the ancient peoples that inhabited Asia Minor since time immemorial...
Albania too, though not so deeply moving.

I agree, it's beautiful. But IMHO when it comes to simple beaty, there is no
other that beats the IS of R. Norway [1]. The modern-music composer Arne
Nordheim [2] has made a marvel of an IS. This is considered his best work
ever by many.

[1] http://www.bgnett.no/~giva/misc/norway.rm
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arne_Nordheim