Old March 8th 10, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default PING: Dave R. Elecraft K3

Hey, Dave, thanks for bringing up the Elecraft K3 (I'm sure my wife
will thank you as well ;-) I just read the Receiver Topics section of
the page, and I can hardly believe my eyes. It looks like a RX dream
come true, even the XMTR notwithstanding.

I just have two questions - As I understand it, once in awhile it is
desirable to download improved software and programming from
Elecraft. Does this radio need to be always connected to a PC
otherwise, or is it perfectly fucntional as a stand-alone unit?

And, as configured in basic format, will it receive and properly
filter AM, or is that an add-on?

Thanks,
Bruce