Old March 8th 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Old "Boat Anchor" tube receivers vs. Solid State receivers?

On Mar 8, 3:04*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:

Oh, I dunno - lots of people like the E-1 sans XM. *Never heard one
myself.

That radio is the best SW portable I've ever had. Mine is the E1XM model
and I even got the antenna module, but don't subscribe and haven't used it since
the free OTA special a couple years ago (channel 130 POTUS 08). I even have a
Sirius capable radio that I decided not to get the antenna module for.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

I really like satellite radio. I've had it in a couple of rental
cars, and it's da bomb. Gets a little goofy under heavy tree cover,
but the selection of quality music (classical, jazz) is wonderful. A
great replacement for general-listening FM broadcast.

Bruce