Old December 7th 03, 12:43 AM
Paul Burridge

On 04 Dec 2003 03:55:19 GMT, (PDRUNEN) wrote:

Hi Group,

My wavetek sig gen covers 100KHz to 512 MHz and puts out about 10mW. I need a
simple circuit to cover HF which will boost this up to 500mW. I would like to
try out the signal generator as a low power CW transmitter.

I'm not familiar with this particular model, but my own experiences
with other signal generators lead me to believe that they are very
poor singal sources for this type of application. The main problem
AISI is freqency drift. You may get some reasonable stability after an
hour-or-so's settling down, but many people with whom you wish to
communicate via CW will be using *very* narrow filtering and will
constantly lose your signal if they don't repeatedly re-tune.
--

"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill