Old March 11th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default License confusion question

On Mar 11, 8:45*am, BobS wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 11, 8:12 am, notbob wrote:
I'm new to these newsgroups and amateur radio. *I would like to study
for my ticket but am confused on the dates of the question pools. *

In the Mar '09 issue of CQ magazine, an article on A Beginner's Guide
To Becoming a Ham Radio Operator, element 3 dates are given as,
"Element 3 (General) pool between July 1, 2007 and June 30, 2011".
Yet, two study guides I've dwnlded (pdf) from the web, both give the
ending year for General as 2010. *Which is it? *What am I missing?

Another question. *Being a big usenet user, but new to amateur radio,
I've been looking at all the groups available. *This one appeared to
have the least noise for a general discussion group, so I posted here.
Is this type of question ok, here, or is there a more appropriate
group for rank newbie questions I'm sure to be pestering the ham
community with? *

notbob... fearless geezer *

Hi, notbob - I am not really up on amateur radio regs just now, but I
can tell you, you've caught this newsgroup at a relatively stable and
noise-free time. *It is usually 90% wackos. *I would love to see it
stay this way, but no guarantees.

Bruce Jensen

Anyone say "RHF"? *When he departed noise dropped significantly.- Hide quoted text -

SSSHHHH - it's nice and quiet now ;-)