Old March 15th 10, 11:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob[_27_] Bob[_27_] is offline

Default From OP: C.G. Tiscom Frequencies ?

Hi,

Thanks for help.
I always seem to have uncertainties re modes.

This Tiscom CG stuff is not something I've heard recently.

Just trying to clean-up an old freq. database that I have, and noticed
that I had them down as LSB, which seemed incorrect, probably, to me ?

Best regards,
Bob
----------------

On 3/14/2010 9:33 PM, Bob Dobbs wrote:
Bob wrote:
Helloo,

The C.G. Tiscom freq's like 6.709

What mode are they ?
I think they are SSB, but would they be USB or LSB ?

If that's what it sounds like (a coast guard cutter)
and the freq is in one of the HF maritime bands,
odds are it's upper sideband

Or are they just HF ?

HF is a region of spectrum
and can have SSB (both)