Old March 17th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default J pole question

Owen Duffy wrote:

So to represent that U shaped section as merely supporting structure is
to deny how the thing really works... but then that is the stuff of J
Poles.

Are you sure, Owen? I read it as the bottom part of the j-pole. I made a
j-pole once, the top was copper, and the support was thick walled PVC.
Obviously that wasn't an active part. The "u" shaped portion was all
above the support leg.

The antenna matched up well with moving the clips back and forth. Still
works okay. I don't look at them as any better or worse thatn a 1/4 wave
gp, or vertical dipole, both of which I had before. Did not measure for
feedline radiation, but I have people at home who let me know of such
problems.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -