Old March 18th 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default antenna type question

Hey all,

There was a type of antenna that I remember from when I was a young'un,
but I cannot remember the type that it was.

It was a directional antenna, and had three vertical sections, I'm
assuming they were dipoles, but am not even sure of that. These
verticals were arranged in a Y pattern, and were apparently
electronically or electrically switched to modify the directivity. The
ones I knew about were all cut for 27 MHz, but the specific frequency
isn't important at this point.

Anyone have an idea what this type of antenna was called?. A big bonus
would be if anyone knew about the design of such a beast or a reference
to the design.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -