Old March 18th 10, 12:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe from Kokomo[_2_] Joe from Kokomo[_2_] is offline

Default "Radio Is In Play For Gordon Gekko"

D. Peter Maus wrote:

It's not just Radio, or Media. It's damned near category. Consolidation
has brought together another "Era of Good Stealing."

Make no mistake, I'm a capitalist. Fully developed. To the bone. But
consolidation is a strategy that will not lead us to "Wall Street."

It will take us to "Rollerball."

"Rollerball" describe a society that was run by corporate entities.

....and our country is dangerously close to (if not already at) that
point: Fascism -- where Big Business IS the government.

Ironic that you are a fan of W and yet W was the best friend Big
Business ever had...and W did -more- than his share to bring us towards
your "Rollerball" state.