Old March 18th 10, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
mikea mikea is offline

Default Opinions about Yaesu FT-817ND transceiver?

Mark Conrad wrote in :

Opinions regarding Yaesu FT-817ND transceiver?

Seems like a great little rig, blasts out a whooping 2 watts
of RF power on batteries, do not know if I can handle
that much power, if I decide to apply for another license.

I was W6TAM 55 years ago. (extra-class license)

I have not really shopped around for a rig yet, so do not
know how the Yaesu FT-817ND rig compares to
its competitors in the $700 price range.

Any advice gratefully appreciated -

I don't have one, though I have the 817's bigger brothers the 857D and
897D.

Two of my friends *do* have 817s, and _LOVE_ them.

--
A computer scientist is someone who, when told to "Go to hell," sees the
"go to," rather than the destination, as harmful.