Old December 7th 03, 11:03 AM
Terry Pinnell

John Devereux wrote:

Bill Turner writes:

On 6 Dec 2003 13:39:51 -0800, Winfield Hill
wrote:

We're talking a small air-coil here.

Doesn't matter what kind of coil; all coils have a non-linear plot of
either inductance vs frequency OR reactance vs frequency. ALL coils.

Well, just about anything is "non-linear" if you measure it accurately
enough! But is it really true that the *inductance* of a "small air
coil" is "dramatically" non-linear with frequency as you stated?

Intuitively I'd have thought the answer was plainly No, but I'm
certainly not technically savvy enough to be confident about that. But
I strongly suspect that the thread is already ovedue an unambiguous
definition of 'inductance'. Where's John Woodgate when you really need
him...g.

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK