Old December 7th 03, 07:26 PM
John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Bill Turner
wrote (in ) about 'Winding
coils', on Sun, 7 Dec 2003:

Both statements are true and easily provable. A simple air core coil
which measures one microhenry at a low frequency may have an inductance
of several millihenries (or even henries) when near its self resonant
frequency.

This is what happens to the *parallel equivalent* inductance. The series
equivalent goes down as the frequency increases, and goes to zero at
resonance.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!