Old March 21st 10, 08:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Robert[_6_] Robert[_6_] is offline

Default Removing RF and Noise from Apartment Areas

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences in what one can do to remove
the stray RF and noise that is caused by various electronics such as
computers, TVs, and other electric and electronic devices. I live in an
apartment and even on my Grundig 400 and Eton E5, E6 models, there is a
significant noise level. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas that would
work for removing such electronic hash through the receiver. I also have a
Yaesu FRG 100B that I bought several years ago and wondering if there is
something I can either buy that will take out the interference from the
electronics. Im wondering if the cable modem and computers are a lot of the
problem but I can only isolate them as far away as across the room.

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance.