Old March 23rd 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Priest Priest is offline

Default Amazing 1954 Radio Show Find Highlights Mississippi History

On Mar 22, 12:48*am, Gregg wrote:
That is a great find and read.

I love reading articles like that. There will be some nights where I
will look up stuff on 700 WLW, my local flame thrower.

The history behind that station and the VOA is incredible. I have so
many memories of seeing that absolutely huge tower/shape as a kid.
Thanks for a good read. :-)

Glad you enjoyed it, radio history is fun to uncover. I have many fond
memories of WLW. Back in the 1970's I listened to Marty Brennaman
broadcasting the Reds games on many a summer night. Rose, Bench, Perez
and the rest of the "Big Red Machine". Good stuff.

I'll occassionally tune in WLW nightimes now but usually don't stay
long. The trucking network is okay but a little bit of that goes a
long way. Unfortunately with syndication there isn't much to choose
from on other frequencies either.