Old March 23rd 10, 12:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default Your Receiver/Receivers Usage

On Mar 22, 2:36*pm, Drifter wrote:
On 3/21/2010 7:01 PM, Gregg wrote:

I've always been curious of this and like Bob said "Post and don't
worry about it" - something like that. ;-)

How often - how many hours a week you actually have your receivers on
AND monitoring?

I ask because since I've had my Hammarlund HQ 129X/ Heathkit Q
Multiplier and the add on freq counter back - I have ran it basically
non stop with the exception of two days while I was gone.

Do any of you guys keep a specific receiver on all the time when you
have left the house or sleeping with your recorder going in hopes of
catch or am I the only retarded one?bowing head

Gregg.

* * OMG. when i'm home, old work-horse TT RX-350, in the shack, is on
constantly with the computers back there. (my "den/shack/whatever hobby
room"). other receivers there are on and off with use. also 2 scanners
at the same time. when i'm not home, everything off and grounded. in the
car, hand-held scanner, and a 440 or a 6700gr running. depends on the
length of the trip. on-the-road and out of the country, a well used
DX 390 goes in the luggage. third one, great portable over seas, and
if it disappears, it cheap to replace. BTW, if i have friends, or a
young lady over, every thing is off, and closed up. when people see
the antennas, they already think i'm a little off, no reason to give
any more info. the E1-XM in the kitchen and the old AR3030, in the
bedroom are on when i'm in the mood. you know how it is, i'm one of
those "radio people". and nobody, but other "radio people", get to
see my collection.

Drifter...- Hide quoted text -

Love it!!!!!!! ROTF - killer post. Yeah buddy, I feel you there. ;-)