Old March 23rd 10, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default Your Receiver/Receivers Usage

On Mar 23, 9:30*am, dave wrote:
Gregg wrote:
I've always been curious of this and like Bob said "Post and don't
worry about it" - something like that. ;-)

How often - how many hours a week you actually have your receivers on
AND monitoring?

I ask because since I've had my Hammarlund HQ 129X/ Heathkit Q
Multiplier and the add on freq counter back - I have ran it basically
non stop with the exception of two days while I was gone.

Do any of you guys keep a specific receiver on all the time when you
have left the house or sleeping with your recorder going in hopes of
catch or am I the only retarded one?bowing head

I have 3 HF radios on 24/7, two of them are connected to the internet
for monitoring from anywhere. *I would not leave a tube radio on 24/7,
due to the waste of electricity in keeping the cathodes boiling.- Hide quoted text -

Hey Dave, you're lucky to have it set up like that. I have a couple of
older computers that aren't serving me any purpose as of now, it's
something to think about because I know it'll open up a whole other
side. FWIW on the tubes - I have four complete and tested sets for the
129X so I think I'm good to go for a while but I don't plan on running
it 24/7 forever. It helps to have found a good repair guy in my area.