Old March 23rd 10, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Steve Lare

On Mar 23, 6:26*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 3/23/10 07:22 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:

On Mar 19, 8:10 am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
Just got an e-mail from Steve. He's definitely working on his
pain issue. But there's another wrinkle that's caused his silence:
His ISP dropped USENet. So, he's looking for alternates.

He's still kicking, and as usual, raising dust.

He'll be back, bright and shiney, as soon as he gets a new news
server configured.

Priest wrote:

A Google Groups account can be set up in 5 minutes so something
doesn't ring true. Whatever.

...and if he doesn't want google, an eternal-september free account also
takes about 5 minutes to set up, so...????

* *I recommended Eternal-September, as well. Been on it for about a
year, myself, without issues.

* *So, he's got options. Google is less than a practical solution,
because of the graphics on the pages. As I recall, he's on a dial-up.

* *Then, again, he may be in no hurry, either. I took more than a
year off of USENet, myself.- Hide quoted text -

Graphics on pages? You mean like the frames they use? Other than
those, Google is not graphics-heavy, at least by 21-st century
standards.

Bruce