Old March 23rd 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
notbob notbob is offline

Default MFJ products

On 2010-03-23, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
My advice to you, is if you are (or plan to be) the kind of ham that opens
cardboard boxes, sets things up and uses them without ever wanting to look
inside, stay away from MFJ. If you want to be the guy that is involved
with his equipment and understands it inside and out, is not afraid to
fire up his soldering iron to fix a loose wire, and so on, then MFJ stuff
is good for you.

I have no fear of electronics hardware, having done time as an
electro-mechanical tech in Silicon Valley. I still have my trusty
Weller and am gathering parts to build a code oscillator and am also
researching radio kits to tackle. I just wanted a general opinion of
MJF, they being so prolific in a seemingly forgotten corner of basic
electronics. I know zip about radio, so studying for my license has
been both enlightening and fun. Thank you for your comprehensive take
on this company.

nb