Old March 23rd 10, 11:52 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Square wave to psuedo-sine wave?

On Mar 23, 3:39*pm, "dave.harper" wrote:
I'm trying to come up with a filter or converter that takes a square
wave input and outputs something closer to a sign wave (varying
between ~1.9kHz and 2.1kHz). *It can have some distortion, but I'm
trying to eliminate the sharp leading and trailing edge. *One option
I'm pursuing is a bandpass filter (2 caps and 2 resistors), which
looks to give a reasonable output, but still not quite as smooth as
I'd like. *I've also considered using a counter feeding a bank of
resistors, but finding a method for it to start counting up with it
hits 0 and down when it hits the high value might be more difficult.

Originally, I had used a wein-bridge oscillator with op-amps to make
the sine wave, but due to the environment, EMI was a problem and it
damped out the oscillations (even with ferrite beads and modest
shielding). *So I'd like to avoid using op-amps (since they are
apparently sensitive to EMI) if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Function generator. Integrate square wave to get triangle wave. Shape
triangle wave to sine wave using a couple of diodes. See

http://kitsrus.com/projects/k23.pdf

Dan