Old March 24th 10, 11:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
AC Ratone AC Ratone is offline

Default Amazing 1954 Radio Show Find Highlights Mississippi History

And lots of good talk radio before the cartels ruined it...Herb Jepco
and the Night Caps on KSL out of Salt Lake City, Bill Barker on 850
KOA Denver, Jack Wheeler on KDKA after the Pirate game, etc. etc. etc.
The list could go on and on, every city had their own local hosts and
callers and it didn't take long before you felt you personally knew
all of them.

Yes I was truly blessed to grow up before radio was destroyed.

I heard Jepco a lot.

And L.A. 50,000 Watt KFI 640
Night Owls Midnight to 6 AM with Ben Hunter and Ron McCoy

I never guessed how all those truck drivers on HWY 50 and 80
found phones at 2 AM to call in.

Here in N California/Nevada border, I heard Art Bell on the 80 meter
SSB HAM band a few years back...
I don't know if he still hangs there any more...