Old March 24th 10, 12:56 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.news-media,alt.politics.elections,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Congress is "We the People"

Bob wrote:
wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:05:58 -0500, wrote:

The House of Representatives acts as "the People". They did what they
were elected to do in 2008. Insane slanted news be damned.

They may have done what they thought they
were elected to do, but they did not represent
the will of the people.

What "will of the people"?

You keep regurgitating the mantra that Americans "dont want health
care reform"---and that's NOT what the polls indicate, nor is it
accurate to claim thats not one of the things demcrats were
specfically sent to address.

I have said no such thing. I am saying the polls
indicate a majority of the public opposed the
health care bill just passed by the House. Hopefully,
those Representatives who felt it necessary to show
disdain for the will of their constituents will be replaced
at the next election.

Those surveys were too vague to have any meaning. No one knew what was
in that bill. They knew what they heard from the mainstream media,
which was (and is) totally distorted and flat-out inaccurate.

When asked about specific provisions, including a public option, the
people are overwhelmingly in favor of the legislation.

What I see on TV is a bunch of media toadies fighting against a slight
tax increase on their oligarch masters. Limbaugh's ****ed because he
has to pay a decent income tax rate.