Old March 25th 10, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Edward Knobloch Edward Knobloch is offline

Default Advice from SX-115 owners

On 3/25/2010 4:10 PM, Antonio Vernucci wrote:
In my SX-115, putting the selectivity switch to the widest position (5KHz):
- I see a two S-units drop in the S-meter reading
- selectivity is actually narrower than in the 3 kHz position.

I wonder whether SX-115 owners have same or similar experience.

snip

Hi, Tony

I also realigned my SX-115. Results were excellent on cw and SSB
bandwidths, but the a.m. wide response was disappointing.
There was some very noticeable sensitivity loss in a.m. wide,
but I don't remember it being so much (maybe 1 S/unit).
My receiver is in storage, so I can't check easily.
I thought my problem was the T-notch filter still being
within the a.m. bandwidth. There is no on/off switch for the T-notch,
you just shift it away from where you are listening when not in use.

73,
Ed Knobloch