Old March 28th 10, 10:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Tube socket holes

On Mar 26, 7:08*am, Bill M wrote:
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
I was going to start a valve project and wanted to purchase some hole
saws for cutting out the socket holes. What sizes will I need for 7 9
and octal sockets?

I don't remember the sizes, but holes were never sawed for tube sockets..
Instead of using saws, which are very difficult to control and make a mess
of everything, hole punches were used.

Punches are certainly the way to go if you have some or can borrow some.
* Otherwise its kind of expensive to have to go out and buy some for a
one time use.

An alternative is the 'unibit' type of drill bits. *They make them large
enough for 7/9 pin sockets. *See Harbour Freight.

GL with your project.

-Bill

Ive tried the Uni-bits. They are OK as long as you don't go 1 step too
far. Unfortunately I have done that a couple of times,

Jimmie