Old March 28th 10, 11:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default Brienda

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:

This is a lot more up to date.

The latest spin eh?

Apparently, you don't know a lot about S.
Korea.

Nor really care,
just a bunch of out sourced jobs that should have stayed here.

They really don't care what anyone thinks, when it comes to the
North. They speak their minds.

Sounds like 'they' (media script writers) care what the populace think
about the readiness and seaworthiness of the country's navy.

The way it sounds right now, the N. had
nothing to do with it, and they're trying to gingerly step around a major
faux-pas.

No need for any gingerly stepping
if there isn't concern for what people think.

If it was an attack by the DPRK, they would be johnny-on-the-spot
to say so, especially to placate the families of the missing.

I wasn't there, I'm just going by what I read in early reports
that there was a shot fired at some mystery vessel to the north.
Was that incorrect?
...and how did rocks get hit in 24 meters deep water?
No Brenda, Not maligning your country,
I'm only pointing out what seem inconsistencies.

Not really my country. I just live and work here (for the US military). The
subterrain around that island is very rocky. The entire Yellow Sea is very
very shallow. The difference between high and low tides at Incheon is around
2-4 Km of sand, mud and the remains of various shellfish, soju bottles, beer
cans, ad inf. I have no problem believing they could bottom out or high
center themselves at the very least. I can see a situation where they
grounded the screw and some boy genius tried to free the ship by pushing the
engines so far they blew up.

As far as the random shot, they SAID that they saw something on the radar
and took a shot at it. The captain later said it turned out to be a flock of
southbound birds.

Can't say how accurate the accounts are... I'm JAFO.