Old March 31st 10, 06:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Radiation patterns and loss of antennas operated well below resonance

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:32:52 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

Because they look cool?

Hi Joel,

I noticed your response to Roy you made reference to Chip and
fractals.

A fractal will work, but back then we learned the lesson of Chip's
carefully crafted problems he posed to us such that only his antenna
would fit into the box he specified:
"Show me your best antenna that fits into
0.1WL by 0.005WL by 0.05WL
with a CCW dogleg twist in the longest
dimension that is elevated
22.5 deg above the horizon
and my fractal will beat it."

So, in commemoration of that sort of criteria, what do you mean by
...don't take up a lot of space.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC