Old March 31st 10, 06:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default Grundig 750 or Grundig G3

On Mar 31, 12:07*am, SC Dxing wrote:
Operator Bob,

I guess the questions I am asking. Does having separate USB/LSB switch
make a difference when listening to sideband signals? Will having
separate USB/LSB along with synch detection make that much of a
difference trying to listen to weak AM signals both on AM and
shortwave?

The Sony 7600-SW also is coming to mind.

Anyone have any hands on with the 7600-SW?

Thanks a mil

I have been using 7600G almost daily for ten years now. Not so bad
as a portable, the audio a little on the weak side. But it does have
synchronous AM and this is really unusual in a portable for under
$200. The BFO control is very small and not convenient to use . Very
sensitive front end and well designed in the cosmetic department. If
the audio is connected to a good amplifier and speakers the result is
an unusually clear sound (by SW standards). Sony could have taken this
successful receiver and implemented it's circuitry in a tabletop .
One of very few gadjets that is actually worth the price!