Old March 31st 10, 08:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default KIPM

"Gregg" wrote in message
I'm sure ninety nine percent of you guys/gal know the name.

I wish Alan would come back under the KIPM monicker. I miss the shows
- IMO they were the best put together production of any pirate radio
broadcaster.

He was the only pirate that I made sure that nothing was going to stop
me from being at the controls when KIPM keyed up.

Does or has any other pirate sent out such elaborate and intricate
QSL's like KIPM did? It would take me about a half an hour to just
look at it and really study it, I have eight of them in frames and
they're as fascinating today as they were the day I got them.

I wonder what the real story was/is with that entire show, I've heard
and read the cloak and dagger stories, I just hope one day to hear
them again with a new show.

I miss my old pirate station. 102.7 FM, 10 watts, home made 1/4 wave dipole
antenna at 20' HAAT. I could be heard on a Sony stereo portable (one of the
first stereo boom boxes, no tape) up to 21 miles away. When the FCC came to
the door to shut me down, they didn't take my 3rd Phone license or any of my
equipment or library. Pretty amazing by today's standards. The local head
magazine even wrote an artical about the shutdown. Wish I still had a copy
of it, but that's been nearly 40 years ago... wow.. time's fun when your
having flies..