Old April 2nd 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default VIKING II microphones

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
coffelt2 wrote:

I am currently using an old Turner microphone and like the
way it sounds.
Also I am a fan of some of the older EV desk microphones,
which still turn
up cheaply at hamfests. If you find a low-Z mike that
you like, there is
no reason you can't just stick a step-up transformer in
the base to drive
the Viking.

Which model Turner?

Model 252. Low-Z version of the 250 with the lift switch (which I strongly
discourage the use of). If you were using a Viking II you would probably want
the 250 or to use a step-up transformer.
--scott