Old April 4th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BobS[_3_] BobS[_3_] is offline

Default PAR Electronics EF-SWL Antenna

Thanks Geoffrey and Dave,

R8B

On 4/4/2010 10:25 AM, dave wrote:
BobS wrote:
Anyone using the PAR Electronics EF-SWL Antenna please advise if a
ground is necessary. Will using the PAR without a ground be any better
than a 50' random wire? I live on the second floor of a condo and only
can use a very thin hidden wire from my receiver to a nearby tree. No
ground available. I read all of the glowing reviews of the PAR but all
of them are using a ground. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury. Any
other recommendations appreciated.
Thanks...Bob

What kind of receiver? Does it have an ANT IN receptacle? I'd say OTTOMH
a 50' wire to a tree should work as well as anything in that location.