Old April 5th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ElChino ElChino is offline

Default Puzzling revelations

* The Marlboro man (died of lung cancer in 19) didn't even like Marlboro
cigarettes. He preferred to smoke Cools.

* Mother Theresa in her diaries (published after her death in 1997) revealed she
lost her faith in God. She still continued to lie about it in public until her death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Theresa :
Where is my faith? Even deep down ... there is nothing but emptiness and darkness ...
If there be God-please forgive me. When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is
such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my
very soul ... How painful is this unknown pain-I have no Faith. Repulsed, empty, no faith,
no love, no zeal, ... What do I labour for? If there be no God, there can be no soul. If there
be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true.

* Kellogg's Cornflakes was made to stop young people from masturbating (!!) It didn't work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

* Like many industrialists of the mid-1930s, Walt Disney had an admiration for Benito Mussolini.
It was not until Italy joined into the Second World War in 1940 that there was any major hostility
towards Italian fascism in the mainstream USA:
http://coat.ncf.ca/our_magazine/links/53/roach.html

But Walt made up for his silly admiration with several anti-fascist films. E.g.
"Der Fuerer's Face" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNF86...eature=related
and "Education for Death" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU1LHeim_hA

But was he really deep down a anti-democrat? His troubles with his workers at the studios
(especially the Jewish workers) and his perfectionist leader-style should indicate that
(controlling every detail with most productions). But maybe he was simply motivated by
profit (?) Make up your own mind. E.g:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...sney-a-fascist :
The German filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl, whose documentaries in the mid-30s had helped to glorify the
Nazis, claimed that "after Kristallnacht [1938], she approached every studio in Hollywood looking for
work. No studio head would even screen her movies except Walt Disney. He told her he admired her
work but if it became known that he was considering hiring her, it would damage his reputation.