Old April 6th 10, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_24_] Bob[_24_] is offline

Default velocity factor, balanced line

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 01:26:16 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

Bob wrote in
:

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 00:16:56 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

I have had sucess with placing a balun of a string of ferrite cores
over the line.

That means literally threading some suitable ferrite toroidal cores over
the transmission line you are measuring.

If you add a separate balun between the analyser and the cable under test,
you introduce an unknown component that will probably disturb your
readings.

Owen

Another question -- I'm thinking of cutting a 10-foot section of
balanced line to test. Should I count the bared pigtails of the line,
which I will attach to the analyzer's coax output, as part of the 10
foot length? Or just count that part of the line where all insulation
is in place?

Bob
k5qwg