Old April 7th 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Measured Velocity Factor of balanced line

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:08:45 +0100, Baron wrote:
Bob Inscribed thus:

Thanks to all for the advice on measuring velocity factor.

I suspended 53.25 feet of JSC #1317 18-AWG balanced line in the
backyard.
... -snip-
To verify the results, I tried entering the .89 velocity factor to get
the length of the line, and it kept coming in at a 26.6 foot length --
oh, well.

That sounds pretty close to half of the physical line length you
mentioned.

Yep. For selected values of 1/2 ...... HI!HI!

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux