Old April 7th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default Technical Books available for download

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Edward Knobloch wrote:
Pete Millett has recently moved to a new hosting site, and
expanded
his collection of old electronics textbooks available for
download.
The new site is he
http://www.tubebooks.org/technical_books_online.htm

I just want to point out here that the one, most amazing
and wonderful
thing that Mr. Millett has done has been to not only scan
and make available
the always-rare RCA HB-3 tube handbook, but also to
cross-index it so that
individual tube data sheets could be found quickly online.

The HB-3 manual is the one that was sold to engineers
designing equipment,
as opposed to the RC manuals sold to servicepeople or
available at your
local electronics parts place. It contains all the curves
for everything
RCA made and it is just a tremendous and wonderful
resource. I cannot thank
Mr. Millett enough for making this available.

I say that even having obtained a paper copy of the whole
manual... the online
version is just faster to find material in.
--scott

I don't think he has the complete HB-3 yet, still a
work in progress. Pete's site is amazing and wonderful, much
extremely valuable stuff some quite rare. The scans are
supberb, a superlative I rarely use. Fortunately, I have
access to a very high speed connection and have downloaded
nearly everything he has on the site. The new site is easier
to navigate than the original one, which BTW still exists
and has a lot of audio stuff on it. Fans of McIntosh amps
and other equipment should take note because he has many
McIntosh insruction manuals and service notes there.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles