Old April 9th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] cybrinjn@gmail.com is offline

Default Bamboo as antenna parts and supports

A friend of mine planted a bamboo shoot in his side yard, now it is
taking over his and his neighbors yards. Told me to cut down all I
want. Had planned to use it for bean poles and plant supports, then
it occurred to me: quads, moxons, spiderwebs -- this stuff is really
strong and stiff. Some canes are 12-16 feet long.

Anybody have experience with bamboo, especially used as semi-permanent
end supports for dipoles and inverted vs?

TNX
Paul KB1GEJ