Old April 9th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
joe joe is offline

Default Perseus SDR

Steve wrote:
On Apr 9, 5:35 am, John Plimmer wrote:

"Owning Perseus requires you to have a top end laptop, otherwise it
will not be able to successfully record the wide 1.6 MHz span, a major
feature of Perseus."

This, for me, is a dealbreaker when it comes to high end SDRs. They do
require top end computers. They also require frequent updates, and
after enough updates even your (currently top end) computer will again
become obsolete. No thanks.

But I run my Perseus with a Acer netbook. I don't do any recording, but
for listening the Atom processor is sufficient.

A top end computer is not necessarily a requirement.