Old April 11th 10, 01:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Stussy[_2_] D. Stussy[_2_] is offline

Default Weather Alert Radios

"DEFCON 88" wrote in message
OK, this isn't about SW, but I figured some of you would have
experience with weather alert radios.

I'm looking for a good tabletop S.A.M.E. weather alert radio that can
be configured to receive only the type of alerts I want to hear. For
example, I don't want the radio to be triggered by amber alerts. Most
of the reviews and specs I've found online don't say if specific
alerts can be blocked. I don't care if it receives AM/FM broadcasts or
not.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

The Midland model which has AM+FM in it (silver in color; blue display) I
believe can be programmed to respond only to certain alerts by alert type.
I think it's model WR300. I have a different model, but a relative has
one.

Amazon.com has a WR301, which is the same electronics; just a different
case color.

Both are about $50.00 US. Retail suggested price may be $60 by now in some
places.