Old April 11th 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Bamboo as antenna parts and supports

In article ,
John Ferrell wrote:

Bamboo is a good resource. On the other end of the scale I recall that
Post made a good Slide Rule in the 1950's from Bamboo. I still prefer
my Dietzgen though.

Yes, those were good rules... although they were actually manufactured
by Hemmi in Japan, and imported and sold here in the U.S. by Post.
The Post Versalog 1460 was one of the best (and best-known) of these
high-end 10" rules.

Dietzgen tended to use mahogany, although they did have a bamboo
version of their high-end "microglide" 1734 rule. The Dietzgen rules
were also very nice... if I recall correctly my good high-school
log-log rule was a Dietzgen.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO