Old April 12th 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Smirkenberg Dave Smirkenberg is offline

Default Wire glue...a possible help for using CATV line for amateurapplications??

I bought a small jar of a carbon based adhesive called Wire glue on
ebay last month. Thought it might be good for PC board projects where
you have to solder in really tight spots.

Today while putzing in my attic I came across a roll of about 200 ft
of 75 ohm CATV cable that I stashed there when I moved in back in
2002. Well, the reason I never used it for anything in the first place
was the hassle involved in attaching reducing adapter like a UG/176-U
to the aluminum foil shield. It hit me that this "wire glue" might be
a decent way of doing so.

Has anyone had any experience with this stuff? If you are not familiar
with the material all you have to do is search for "wire glue" on
ebay. I'm curious as to the opinions of many of our esteemed group
members.

Thanks,

Dave