Old April 13th 10, 07:22 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default FS: Sony ICF-6800W AM/FM/SW Radio exc. cond! (Orange Version)

On Apr 12, 1:38*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 11, 8:32*pm, Gregg wrote:

On Apr 11, 10:31*pm, LukeP wrote:

I have a real "time capsule" condition Sony ICF-6800W (orange version)
SW radio. *All lights working and not a scratch on front give or take
a couple of very small nicks that are only visible upon very, very,
close inspection. Includes power cord. *Reception is excellent and I
was able to pull in numerous stations with just the rod antenna even
though I had the switch set to external. *Once I switched it over I
was pulling in stations left and right. *There are markings on back
where the original owner etched his license number. *Asking $400 plus
postage. *Picture is below and also I have included a link to
Universal Radio for info on this model:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hqxqj4.jpg

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../icf6800w.html

thanks,
JM

That is one sharp looking radio, if it receives as well as it looks -
I would wonder why someone would sell it.

I think the short answer is, He's not a Radio Buff - or else he has
too many or needs the money. *My big question is, Is the price tag
(which somebody will probably pay) for actual performance or just for
cachet? *It's real pretty, and it's a SONY, but is it as good as other
$400 radios?

Bruce- Hide quoted text -

I know it isn't Bruce after what I have read. But I am sure someone
will pay the jack for it.