Old April 13th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default (OT, sort of)

On Apr 13, 1:40*pm, wrote:
A DirecTV service/repair guy showed up here about an hour ago to fix my
DirecTV.(My DirecTV has been ''out for lunch/AWOL'' since last Friday
morning around 7:30 AM) What it was, the cable connectors were
corroded.He used a special tool and he clipped off the corroded
connectors and he installed new connectors, in my carport and he went up
on my roof top and he installed new connectors up there too.He said the
new connectors are a better quality, he said sometimes they don't
tighten the connectors properly and moisture gets in there and corrodes
the connectors.How does that relate to Shortwave radio/antennas/cables?
You might want to check your connectors once in a while.
DATS DAT!
cuhulin

I know exactly what he did. You may want to go out there and put some
seal around the connectors.