Old April 15th 10, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
sctvguy1[_2_] sctvguy1[_2_] is offline

Default Ultra Heavy BCB Dx'ing

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

dave wrote:

Dude, you're being jammed. Jerusalem is no more high tech (no more
noise prone) than any other modern city, where mediumwave still works
reasonably well and HF is still quite clean.

No, it's loaded with broadband noise up until just below 14mHz. Lots of
computers, digital devices and DSL internet. EU radiation standards which
are a lot looser and easier to cheat.

Why do they always blow up the power plants?

Who? If you are referring to Gaza, they get most of their power from
Israel and neglect to pay for it. In fact the one power plant that is
there was just damaged by the locals. It wasn't much of one, it produced
less than 1/3 of what they used.

Geoff.

If I may ask, why did you move from Philly? I am here in "beautiful" South
Florida, and my friend, originally from Philly, would move back in a second,
if he had the chance! BTW, I listen a lot to WPHT with my CCrane MW/SW with
the twin ferrite antenna and a passive loop. Hooked on Smerconish, Dom
Giordano, Gary Rnel, etc. Great talk station!