Old April 15th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Geoffrey S. Mendelson[_2_] Geoffrey S. Mendelson[_2_] is offline

Default Ultra Heavy BCB Dx'ing

sctvguy1 wrote:
If I may ask, why did you move from Philly? I am here in "beautiful" South
Florida, and my friend, originally from Philly, would move back in a second,
if he had the chance! BTW, I listen a lot to WPHT with my CCrane MW/SW with
the twin ferrite antenna and a passive loop. Hooked on Smerconish, Dom
Giordano, Gary Rnel, etc. Great talk station!

Mostly to live in a Jewish neighborhood.

Seriously, when I met my (now) wife, after a few weeks of casual dating
she said that if I wanted to get serious with her, I had to agree to
move to Israel if we got married.

It's a very nice place to live, complete with good socialized medicince,
one of the most liberal democracies on the planet, reasonable rent,
almost no street crime, etc.

Taxes are high, but no higher than they will be in 2015 in the US.

Philly has some nice things, but lots of street crime, lots of murders,
and while there are 8 medical schools within 75 miles, 9 if you count
Princenton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital, plus many other hospitals,
most of the residents can't afford to use them.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.