Old April 16th 10, 11:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
amdx amdx is offline

Default Ultra Lite BCB DXing

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
On Apr 13, 9:30 pm, John Plimmer wrote:
On Apr 14, 12:24 am, Gregg wrote:

Is there a certain measurement of a radio for it too be deemed fit for
an Ultra LIte?

Would the Radio Shack DX 399 be in that category, it's pretty small,
not as small as some of those little Sonys.

Anyone in here other than John P. that indulges in that specific type
of monitoring? I've been thinking about it.

Yes there is - see the ulralight website:http://www.dxer.ca/

Also, join the group who will answer all your

ultralighting is great fun - have a go

JP

Herb Jepco's "Nightcap Club" on KSL was sappy, but a nice excuse to
call in to a distant radio station. WBZ's Larry Glick all-nighter had
a much more interesting twist to it - in terms of sheer interest and
tongue-in-cheek fun and silliness, he beat the pants off Art Bell and
George Noory :-DBruce Jensen

I listened to Larry Glick nightly from Lansing Michigan, I think
the time was late 80's early 90's. He was a hoot to listen to.
I enjoyed his calls to pay phones to. Any archives you know of?
Mike