Old April 16th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default ICOM AH-4 into Hy-Gain 64 foot Aluminum Mast

Tom Horne wrote:

Richard
Please share the rest of the story. If we lay out multi length
radials for the middle of each band, say four of them, and feed the
vertical with the auto tuner would we be able to make it work on
eighty, and forty?

You'll need to have some loads on the vertical also.

When we use a half wave end fed zep in the form of
a J pole on two meters we don't need a counterpoise. If I extend this
mast to a half wave on forty will I still need a counterpoise?

That will be one interesting antenna.

Is there some reason that you are fixing on a vertical?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -