Old April 16th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Grundig G5 VS Grundig G3

On Apr 16, 11:09*am, Mike Mc Manus wrote:
Hello
* Sitting in the back yard away from the house using just the
telescopic whip antennas the older Grundig G5 whupped the newer G3 in
AM reception. *Medium wave AM G5 was more sensitive.
Shortwave too, 15 mhz time signal not audible on G3 was heard faintly
on G5.
* Anyone else notice this?
Mike

My impression is that everyone who knows the G5 feels it is one of the
better radios out of China, period. Selectivity, front end and sound
quality are apparently quite good too. I'm not big on tiny portables,
but I'd sure love to give this one a try.

Bruce Jensen