Old April 16th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bm bm is offline

Default Perseus SDR

On Apr 9, 1:45*pm, Steve wrote:
On Apr 9, 5:35*am, John Plimmer wrote:

"Owning Perseus requires you to have a top end laptop, otherwise it
will not be able to successfully record the wide 1.6 MHz span, a major
feature of Perseus."

This, for me, is a dealbreaker when it comes to high end SDRs. They do
require top end computers. They also require frequent updates, and
after enough updates even your (currently top end) computer will again
become obsolete. No thanks.

Rubbish. The Perseus (and other SDRs like SDR-IQ, SDR-14 and the QS1R)
will run with any of todays (and yesterdays) computers. If you have a
reasonably new PC (or laptop), you will have no problems. In fact, the
SDR-IQ will run with a pretty lame PC. I've had various SDRs for
almost four years.

Of course, if the reference is the Win98 PC bought in 1999, it's a
different matter.

Bjarne Mjelde