Old April 17th 10, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
WA2SI WA2SI is offline

Default Cophasing Two Full-Wave Loops?

On Apr 13, 1:36*pm, Richard Clark wrote:
As there are so many details of construction are missing, little more
can be said, and our original poster appears to have gotten bored with
the topic.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Hello agn, everybody:

My apologies to you all. No, I have not gotten bored with this topic.
My job has rotating schedules as well as mandatory overtime.
Unfortunately, when one gets "stuck" for o/t, it's usually for an
entire extra 8-1/2 tour. When I finally get home, (A nice hike, btw!)
I either attend to my familial obligations or just crash. I did manage
to work a 5R8 station on the bottom of 80 so all was not lost - hihi.

I was thinking of making use of some unused space on my 50' fiberglass
mast by mounting a 2:1 balun and having two 10m vertically polarized
delta loops sharing the same feed points, specifically the
aforementioned balun. Yes, the goal is a single band, quiet and
physically unobtrusive single-band omni-directional. (Or at least
somewhat omni-directional without being a cloudburner.) Visualize, if
you will, two wire Christmas tree shaped wire loops, 90 degrees from
one another, fed at the center of their bottom legs up abt 30'.

Some might say, "why not just mount a vertical?" Well, I have the 2:1
balun and I figured that the loop would be much quieter.

Thanks so much for all your responses and have a safe and wonderful
weekend. Take care es...

Vy 73 de Bert,
WA2SI