Old November 26th 03, 05:30 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:21:05 -0500, "lbbs" lbbs @dadffo.ca wrote:

That is why it is called omnidirectional antenna.

comparing with your earlier statement
I am trying to improve my TV signal. right now I have an old (made in
1995) amplifier that is connected to an TV antenna (aprox 25feet high)
mounted on my house.

means that you LOSE gain by the substitution (and add ghosts with the
amplifier).

If an external antenna, 25 feet high, is having a hard time, this
"omni" is NOT your answer even if it went to the top of the mast. An
"omni," by definition, has no gain compared to one with tuned elements
(presumably what you currently have). However, Radio Shack is
probably hedging their bets calling ir an "omni" as long as you turn
it 'round and 'round.

The meaning of "deep six it" is to heave it into Davey Jone's locker.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC