Old April 18th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
David Kaye David Kaye is offline

Default Disabilities and jobs in broadcasting

John Higdon wrote:

Sure radio has changed in the way it is technically produced, and those
who have resisted those changes have fallen by the wayside. But at those
stations that still offer local programming designed to serve listening
audiences, what goes on inside the studios would be of interest to
anyone still fascinated by radio.

Yeah, and there are museums worth visiting, too. Your stations are not
typical of broadcasting today. Sure, they've managed to take marginal
Class A stations and make them work. And that's fine. But it's not what most
of radio is about. Back in the day, that was ALL that radio was about.

As with anything else, broadcasting is what one makes of it.

I guess we blame it on Bill Drake -- "More music, more music, more music, more
music." For the most part people don't care about DJs and local content.
That much is in evidence with the ear buds people wear today. They ain't
listening to the radio...